GO Town Hall Conversation This Thursday
We were thrilled to see so many people turnout Saturday night for the opening of GO. The opening was a lively celebration of our five featured artists, and all who participated along the way.
You have heard from Shelley and me on many key issues around GO, and many of you have shared important feedback with us. Now we hope you’ll join us in person at the Brooklyn Museum this Thursday at 7:00pm for a GO Town Hall conversation. Shelley and I will be joined by project staff, artists, and voter participants for a public dialogue about GO’s successes and challenges. Kevin Stayton, Chief Curator at the Brooklyn Museum, will moderate the program. We encourage active audience participation throughout the evening with the following people helping to spark our dialogue:
- Sharon Butler, GO participating artist and publisher of Two Coats of Paint
- Victoria Cho, GO Crown Heights Neighborhood Coordinator
- Brian Dupont, Brooklyn-based artist and author of Artist’s Texts
- Alice Griffiths, GO voter, freelance writer, and Brooklyn Museum Member
- Naomi Safran-Hon, GO Featured Artist
- Gabrielle Watson, GO Featured Artist
We aim to explore the project from multiple perspectives, and to address key issues such as community and competition, along with others that recurred frequently in the feedback. Whether you participated in GO or not, we want to hear from you.
We hope to see you Thursday.