GO Support Guide
Support Options During Open Studio Weekend
Many questions are answered in the following documentation, so please review the FAQs on this page prior to filling out a support ticket. If you are still having trouble, you can fill out this form to issue a support ticket and we’ll do our best to get back to you. Please keep in mind we have limited staff resources and a possibly heavy volume of requests; support requests sent during the open studio weekend may be very difficult to answer via the support ticket system.
If you are an artist, you can no longer make edits to your profile.
If you are a voter and need support during the open studio weekend, we suggest going to Borough Hall, our main meet point which is open from 11-7 both days, or visiting an info spot (hours vary) where GO staff will be on hand to help you.
If you fill out a ticket and we are not able to get back to you or you can’t make it to an info spot, please consider joining us at the Tech Support Meetup hosted by the Mac Support Store in Park Slope/Gowanus on Monday night. GO staff will be on hand to work with you at computers on site. You can also bring your device if you are working with the GO app on an iPhone or iPad. Please remember to bring any artist codes that you wrote down during the open studio weekend.
Tech Support Meetup: Monday, September 10th from 7-9pm @ The Mac Support Store (168 7th Street at Third Avenue, Brooklyn)
Remember, you can continue to check in to studios until 11:59 pm on Monday, September 10, 2012. If you wrote down artist codes intending to enter them on the GO website, or if you had any technical trouble while out and about, this grace period will give you time to log your check-ins.
Information from GO Organizers
- Let’s GO
- Calling All Brooklyn Artists
- Going Local with a Distributed Network
- Why I Hope Artists Will Participate in GO
- Why Artist Registration for GO Continues to Surprise Me
- 1861 Artists Will Open Their Studios Sept 8-9
- Learning from ArtPrize
- The Open Studio Model
- Partnering with NYCHA
- Getting Beyond the Like Button
- GO See Art in Brooklyn This Weekend!
- GO Calendar
- Open Studio Weekend GO Guide
- Open Studio Weekend Information Spots
- GO iPhone App
- Voter Open Studio Weekend Checklist
- Tips for Voters
- Artist Open Studio Weekend Checklist
- Tips for Artists
- Artists: Outreach Help
- Artists: Pick Up Your Packets
- Artists: Downloads
- Behind the Scenes Photos
- What are the hours of the open studio weekend?
- Having trouble accessing your account?
- Will you be doing GO in the future?
- Where to GO on Open Studio Weekend
- Tips for Voters
- When can I visit studios during September 8-9?
- How can I see all 1,861 artists in one weekend?
- How can I plan my weekend?
- Where can I get a map?
- Do I need to register in order to visit studios?
- How do I check in to a studio?
- Are my check-ins, itinerary, and nominations public or private?
- What are the voter rules, nomination guidelines and when can I register?
- How do I get my Artist Code number?
- How do I fill out my door poster with my artist code?
- When can I pickup my artist packet, signage, etc?
- Do I need to do my own outreach for open studio weekend?
- Can artists be voters?
- Will volunteers be posted at my studio building?
- If there’s no signal in my studio building, how will voters check in?
- Why can’t I sell my work during the open studio weekend?
- Is my profile published?
- Why can’t I find my studio on the GO website?
- Can I make changes to my artist profile?
- Can I fix my thumbnail image?
- How are artist profiles randomized on the website?
- How do I cancel?
- Internet Explorer 7+
- Safari 4+
- Firefox 3.5+
- Chrome (latest)
- iPhone and iPad via the GO iPhone app.
- Droid devices and other smart phones should try our mobile website, but compatibility will vary. Access the mobile website during open studio weekend by pointing your device’s browser to www.gobrooklynart.org.
- All phones are supported when using text messaging. Look for directions on posters in each artist’s studio.
Still having trouble?
If you’ve fully reviewed all of these materials and you are still having trouble, please fill out this form to issue a support ticket.